Βετερανοι μηνυουν την 3Μ για ελαττωματικες ωτασπιδες

Θέματα υγείας και ευεξίας, ιατρικά νέα και εξελίξεις.
Κανόνες Δ. Συζήτησης
Οι πληροφορίες, οι συμβουλές και γενικότερα το υλικό που δημοσιεύεται σε αυτή την ενότητα έχουν αποκλειστικά ενημερωτικό χαρακτήρα και εκφράζουν τις προσωπικές απόψεις των αρχικών συγγραφέων στα πλαίσια της δημόσιας συζήτησης. Σε καμία περίπτωση δεν αποτελούν επιστημονική ιατρική πληροφόρηση. Το Phorum.com.gr δεν παρέχει ιατρικές συμβουλές, ούτε φέρει ευθύνη για το υλικό που δημοσιεύεται εδώ ή σε άλλη ενότητα της κοινότητας, ή μεταφέρεται ως πληροφορία με τη χρήση προσωπικών μηνυμάτων, e-mail και άλλων τρόπων. Δεν φέρουμε καμία απολύτως ευθύνη για οποιαδήποτε τυχόν σωματική / ψυχική βλάβη λόγω εσφαλμένης πληροφόρησης. Συστήνουμε πάντοτε να συμβουλεύεστε γιατρό για θέματα υγείας.

Η ανάγνωση ή/και η συμμετοχή σας στην παρούσα ενότητα συνεπάγεται ότι συμφωνείτε και αποδέχεστε ανεπιφύλακτα τους παραπάνω όρους.
Ορέστης 35

Βετερανοι μηνυουν την 3Μ για ελαττωματικες ωτασπιδες

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Ορέστης 35 » 23 Απρ 2019, 14:25

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... plugs.html

Scott Rowe, a combat veteran who deployed to Iraq from 2003 to 2004 as part of the 411th Military Police Company, filed the suit Tuesday in U.S. District Court in the Western District of Texas, Waco Division. He's seeking unspecified damages for permanent ear damage he alleges was sustained while using the dual-ended Combat Arms earplugs 3M provided to the military under contract.

"During my deployment, we were given earplugs ... we were told that these things were supposed to protect us," Rowe said during a Tuesday press conference hosted by the Abraham Watkins Law Firm in Houston. "We have a company here that lied, that took our well-being in jeopardy. Now everyday, I have to live with a high-pitched frequency in my ear that's deafening. I'm never at peace."

Despite the recent settlement, 3M continues to maintain its products were not defective.

"3M has a long history of serving the U.S. military," the company said in a statement released to Military.com. "We have sold and continue to sell thousands of products to help our troops and support their missions. Safety is a key component of what we do for the United States military, and 3M denies that Combat Arms Earplugs caused injuries."

According to the lawsuit, the earplugs were designed by the company Aearo Technologies, acquired by 3M in 2008. They were supplied to the military between 2003 and 2012 and boasted a multi-use design feature: If worn with one side facing in, they purported to block all sound like traditional earplugs; if worn with the other side in, they were supposed to block louder battlefield sounds while still allowing the user to hear verbal commands and other quieter sounds. However, the suit alleges they were made too short, causing them to loosen in the wearer's ear and allow damaging sounds to enter the ear canal.

While the earplugs could be manipulated to create a better fit, troops were not provided with manufacturer instructions stating that, the lawsuit said.

"I started noticing the buzzing in the ear when I returned back from overseas," Rowe said at the press conference. "When I came home, sitting on the couch, I could hear that pitched sound."

He said he suffered from headaches and dizziness due to the ringing in his ears. The lawsuit demands damages in amounts sufficient to cover past and future medical expenses; pain, suffering and mental anguish; and past and future wage loss due to the tinnitus.
Οταν δε σε βοηθαει ο νομος τι κανεις;

Άβαταρ μέλους
koukouvagia

Re: Βετερανοι μηνυουν την 3Μ για ελαττωματικες ωτασπιδες

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από koukouvagia » 23 Απρ 2019, 21:23

Αυτό είναι το λιγότερο όσον αφορά την 3Μ.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/30/3 ... r-systems/
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-3m-p ... SKCN1G42UW
https://kstp.com/news/years-after-3m-wa ... s/5082833/

Πλήρωσαν βέβαια κάτι εκατομμύρια, μόλις αποκαλύφθηκε η μόλυνση, για projects σχετικά με το νερό, αλλά τι να το κάνεις;
Υπάρχει έλλειψη νερού και εκτόξευση των καρκίνων.
Μια λεκτική απειλή είναι το πιο γνήσιο πιστοποιητικό ανικανότητας.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Άβαταρ μέλους
ΣΑΤΑΝΙΚΟΣ ΕΓΚΕΦΑΛΟΣ

Re: Βετερανοι μηνυουν την 3Μ για ελαττωματικες ωτασπιδες

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από ΣΑΤΑΝΙΚΟΣ ΕΓΚΕΦΑΛΟΣ » 23 Απρ 2019, 21:26

Να μηνύσουν και τη ντόνα μοντ για ελαττωματικές σερβιέτες
Ο χρήστης που γκρέμισε τον εθνολαϊκισμό

Απάντηση

• Παραπλήσια Θέματα
    Απαντήσεις
    Προβολές
    Τελευταία δημοσίευση