Η Φωτογραφία της ημέρας.

Φωτογραφία, ζωγραφική, γλυπτική, ψηφιδωτά, κ.ά.
Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel
Phorum.gr user: Wild Rebel

Re: Η Φωτογραφία της ημέρας.

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 16 Μαρ 2024, 19:25

Billy Gibbons.

Εικόνα

“The blues is a mighty long road. Or it could be a river, one that twists and turns and flows into a sea of limitless musical potential." - Billy Gibbons.

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 17 Μαρ 2024, 19:38

Εικόνα

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 18 Μαρ 2024, 19:54

Buddy Guy.

Εικόνα

"If you’d see me play, I wanted you to say:
‘He’s playing his guitar like he don’t care whether tomorrow comes,
Because if people come see you, I think you should give them every damn thing you’ve got”.
- Buddy Guy.

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 19 Μαρ 2024, 19:24

Mississippi Fred McDowell.
January 12, 1904 – July 3, 1972.

Εικόνα

A Mississippi hill country blues man.
“I do not play no rock and roll, y’all. I just play the straight natural blues. I was raised on the farm, you understand. The only way you can rock Fred is if you put him in a rocking chair, or you gotta lay me down, you understand. That’s my kind of rocking.” — Mississippi Fred McDowell.

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 20 Μαρ 2024, 19:46

Jessie Mae Hemphill.

Εικόνα

The late Jessie Mae Hemphill is a legend of hill country blues guitar.
“One of the few female performers of country blues, Jessie Mae Hemphill (c. 1923 – 2006) was a multi-instrumentalist who performed in local fife and drum bands before gaining international recognition in the 1980s as a vocalist and guitarist. Her grandfather, Sid Hemphill, was a leading musician in the area, and his daughters, including Jessie Mae’s mother Virgie Lee, all played drums and stringed instruments.” - msbluestrail.

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 21 Μαρ 2024, 18:54

Freddie King and Eric Clapton.

Εικόνα

“Freddie could be pretty mean, but subtle with it. He’d make you feel at home, and then tear you to pieces.” - Eric Clapton.

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 22 Μαρ 2024, 19:08

Jimi Hendrix - Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Εικόνα
James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix was born, November 27th, 1942.

“I love Hendrix’s music, and I just feel it’s important for people to hear him. I know if I take care of his music that it will take care of me. I treat it with respect – not as a burden. See, I still listen to Hendrix all the time, and I doubt I’ll ever quit.” - SRV in Guitar World, 1985.

“He played 24 hours a day, he was always playing. You always knew when Hendrix was in town because he was jamming here, he was jamming there — he was just always playing.” - Lou Reed.

Άβαταρ μέλους
πληροφοριοδότης μαμάς μαρίας

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από πληροφοριοδότης μαμάς μαρίας » 22 Μαρ 2024, 19:13

The Rebel έγραψε:
22 Μαρ 2024, 19:08

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/wMtWFJ9N/3166 ... .jpg[/img]

“I love Hendrix’s music, and I just feel it’s important for people to hear him. I know if I take care of his music that it will take care of me. I treat it with respect – not as a burden. See, I still listen to Hendrix all the time, and I doubt I’ll ever quit.” - SRV in Guitar World, 1985.

“He played 24 hours a day, he was always playing. You always knew when Hendrix was in town because he was jamming here, he was jamming there — he was just always playing.” - Lou Reed.
Πολύ όμορφο που το νήμα αντί να είναι γενικό και αόριστο, έχει εστιάσει στα μουσικά που φωτίζουν πλευρές από αγαπημένα είδωλα μεν αλλά μυστήρια στο ευρύ κοινό, δε. aLiCat μπορεί ενίοτε να συγκρουόμαστε, αλλά εδώ αξίζεις ένα μπράβο.
Στύξ έγραψε:
08 Απρ 2024, 23:10
Ως έφεδρος αξιωματικός ,έχω μάθει να αποδίδω τιμές την κατάλληλη στιγμή και στην ανάλογη περίσταση.
Δε θα τα ισοπεδώσουμε όλα..

Άβαταρ μέλους
aLiCat

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από aLiCat » 22 Μαρ 2024, 19:54

πληροφοριοδότης μαμάς μαρίας έγραψε:
22 Μαρ 2024, 19:13
The Rebel έγραψε:
22 Μαρ 2024, 19:08

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/wMtWFJ9N/3166 ... .jpg[/img]

Πολύ όμορφο που το νήμα αντί να είναι γενικό και αόριστο, έχει εστιάσει στα μουσικά που φωτίζουν πλευρές από αγαπημένα είδωλα μεν αλλά μυστήρια στο ευρύ κοινό, δε. aLiCat μπορεί ενίοτε να συγκρουόμαστε, αλλά εδώ αξίζεις ένα μπράβο.
:sal9:
:p1:
ᓚᕠᗢ ᗢᕡᓗ

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 23 Μαρ 2024, 19:27

Houston Stackhouse.

Εικόνα

As blues scholar Dr. David Evans noted…
“…there was no more central figure in the Delta blues scene over such a long period as it passed from a prewar acoustic style to a postwar electric style than Houston Stackhouse.”
SpoilerShow
“Although Houston Stackhouse never became a major name in blues, he played key roles in Delta blues history as a sideman, mentor, and influence. A constant presence in Mississippi and Arkansas blues circles for several decades, he worked with Robert Johnson, Tommy Johnson, Robert Nighthawk, Sonny Boy Williamson No. 2, and other legendary figures.”

“Houston Stackhouse spent most of his career playing behind more famous bluesmen and made few recordings of his own, but his contributions to blues history earned him a reputation that has grown in the years since he passed away. Stackhouse taught guitar to such renowned blues musicians as Robert Nighthawk, Jimmy Rogers, and Sammy Lawhorn, and was one of the earliest blues guitarists to perform on live radio broadcasts in the Delta.”

“Stackhouse was born on a Wesson plantation on September 28, 1910, and died in Helena, Arkansas, on September 23, 1980.” - MSbluestrail.

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 24 Μαρ 2024, 19:15

Mississippi John Hurt.

Εικόνα

“Mississippi John Hurt played fingerpicking guitar blues that were as gentle as a country lullaby.
A creased and tiny man with wide and beatific eyes, he was ushered onto the national stage during the heyday of the folk revival in the early 1960s, by then a senior citizen with just a few more years to live. He sang both gospel numbers and bawdy rags, all the while conveying a life-affirming serenity over a quietly thrumming guitar.” - David Segal (Washington Post).

Άβαταρ μέλους
πληροφοριοδότης μαμάς μαρίας

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από πληροφοριοδότης μαμάς μαρίας » 24 Μαρ 2024, 19:28

Εικόνα

Το 2014 γίνεται υποψήφια για την εκπροσώπηση της Ελλάδας στη Eurovision, με το τραγούδι "Dancing Night" σε στίχους/μουσική του Mark Angelo αλλά τελικά ήρθε τελευταία στον ελληνικό τελικό, χάνοντας τη πρώτη θέση από τους Freaky Fortune και RiskyKidd με το τραγούδι "Rise Up". Τον Ιούλιο του ίδιου έτους, κυκλοφορεί το τραγούδι "Δρόμος Αγάπης" σε συνεργασία με τους Dj Kass και OGE ενώ το Νοέμβριο συνεργάζεται με τον DJ Pitsi για το τραγούδι "Turn Off the Lights".

Το 2015 ξεκινάει να εμφανίζεται στο νυχτερινό κέντρο "Apotheke" με την Καίτη Γαρμπή και παράλληλα, μέσα στη χρονιά κυκλοφορεί δύο νέα τραγούδια. Το "Προσεχώς" σε μουσική/στίχους Γαβριήλ Γαβριηλίδη και το "Εσύ Κι Εγώ" σε μουσική Τέο Τζήμα και μουσική Δημήτρη Μπερή.

Έπειτα, το 2016 συμμετέχει ως διαγωνιζόμενη στη ψυχαγωγική εκπομπή του ΑΝΤ1, Your Face Sounds Familiar ενώ παράλληλα εμφανίζεται για πρώτη φορά στο MadWalk - The Fashion Music Project με τους OtherView και την Μαρία Κορινθίου, ερμηνεύοντας το τραγούδι "All About the Bass" της Meghan Trainor και στο MadWalk Cyprus, ερμηνεύοντας το "Love, Sex, Magic" με τον Κωνσταντίνο Φραντζή. Ακόμα, μέσα στη χρονιά κυκλοφορεί δύο τραγούδια. Το "Καλοκαιρινές Στιγμές" με τους REC και το "Σαν Παραμύθι" με τους The Gatsbies.
Στύξ έγραψε:
08 Απρ 2024, 23:10
Ως έφεδρος αξιωματικός ,έχω μάθει να αποδίδω τιμές την κατάλληλη στιγμή και στην ανάλογη περίσταση.
Δε θα τα ισοπεδώσουμε όλα..

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 25 Μαρ 2024, 19:07

Sonny Boy Williamson ll.
(December 5, 1912 - May 24, 1965)

Εικόνα

It’s hard to believe, but influential harmonica player Sonny Boy Williamson ll was born 112 years ago!

“They didn’t call him the king of the harmonica for nothing. . . . He was a big dude who blew the blues out of that sucker until there was nothing left to blow. He played sitting down, using his feet like a drum--stomping loud and hard--shouting and inhaling like his life was on the line.” - B. B. King.

“Sonny Boy Williamson used to tell me, ‘They don’t make men like me anymore.’” - Buddy Guy.

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 26 Μαρ 2024, 19:44

Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
March 20, 1915 – October 9, 1973.

Εικόνα

She was there before Elvis, Little Richard and Johnny Cash swiveled their hips and strummed their guitars. It was Tharpe, the godmother of rock 'n' roll, who turned this burgeoning musical style into an international sensation.
SpoilerShow
Although Tharpe's distinctive voice and unconventional style attracted fans, it was still the mid-1930s. Female guitarists were rare, and even more so was a musician who pursued both religious and secular themes, a fact that alarmed the gospel community. But Tharpe — young and innovative — was determined to keep experimenting with her sound. Her persistence and grit paid off, and by 1938, she had joined the Cotton Club Revue, a New York City club that became especially notable during the Prohibition era. She was only 23 at the time, a feat that was only amplified when she scored her first single, "Rock Me," a gospel and rock 'n' roll fusion, along with three other gospel songs: "My Man and I," "That's All" and "Lonesome Road."

Her playing style was revolutionary and inspired almost every modern guitarist in their rock and blues style. She played fast in minor pentatonic shapes, a common Rosetta Tharpe sound would be to do multiple slides up in a phrase, sliding into the shape from the first fret.

Tharpe played a few different guitars but is most famously known for playing the Gibson Les Paul (SG) in white with 3 low-output PAF style humbuckers. She was one of the first to effectively use an overdriven sound by turning her small valve amp up as much as possible, and no pedals were used, due to them not existing at the time! Tharpe’s playing style was all about the power, charisma and confidence and the tone was very much in her fingers for the most part.
(Photo by Evening Standard/Hulton Archive/Getty Images).

Άβαταρ μέλους
The Rebel

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από The Rebel » 27 Μαρ 2024, 19:19

Big Mama Thornton.
December 11, 1926 – July 25, 1984.

Εικόνα

“Born Willie Mae Thornton in Ariton, Alabama, in 1926, Thornton would rank amongst the very first women in music to stick it to the men and show them how to do it.” - Arun Starkey, Far Out Magazine.

“My singing comes from my experience… My own experience. I never had no one teach me nothin’.
I never went to school for music or nothin’. I taught myself to sing and to blow harmonica and even to play drums by watchin’ other people! I can’t read music, but I know what I’m singing! I don’t sing like nobody but myself”. - Big Mama Thornton.

Απάντηση

• Παραπλήσια Θέματα
    Απαντήσεις
    Προβολές
    Τελευταία δημοσίευση

Επιστροφή στο “Eικαστικές τέχνες”

Phorum.com.gr : Αποποίηση Ευθυνών