Άβαταρ μέλους
Lugozzi

Re: Supreme leader Biden

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Lugozzi » 19 Ιούλ 2021, 09:30

Orion22 έγραψε:
18 Ιούλ 2021, 20:01

άλλη μια:

Inflation’s silver lining: higher salaries

Ζουμε μέρες 81-82 με τα ΠΑΣΟΚ.US δημοσανογραφικά σκουπίδια να χρησιμοποιούν αυτούσιο το playbook των μαρούδα - κρυστάλλη και λοιπών κουρο-μπομπολοφυλλάδων
...and now in stereoShow
λείπει και ο πίθηκας ρε γμτ :)
“Don't let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart.”

Άβαταρ μέλους
nostromos
Phorum.gr user: nostromos

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από nostromos » 21 Ιούλ 2021, 18:22

nostromos έγραψε:
16 Ιούλ 2021, 19:29
η Μέρκελ γράφει στη μουναρα της τον γέρο Τζο για τον Nord Stream 2 ...ευτυχώς που υπήρχε ο Τραμπ και πρόλαβε να βάλει κυρώσεις στη Γερμανία αλλιώς η Μέρκελ θα έπαιρνε και την πάνα ακράτειας του Μπαιντεν

για το Κυπριακο θα μιλησουμε αλλη φορα ...

Έτσι, η καγκελάριος της Γερμανίας εγγράφει στο ενεργητικό της μια σημαντική επιτυχία για τη χώρα της – που είναι γνωστό ότι αντιμετωπίζει τον Nord Stream 2 ως έργο στρατηγικής σημασίας – λίγο πριν αποχωρήσει από την πολιτική σκηνή, μετά τις εκλογές του Σεπτεμβρίου.

Από την πλευρά του, ο Αμερικανός πρόεδρος εγκαταλείπει άλλο ένα «δόγμα» του προκατόχου του, Ντόναλντ Τραμπ. Όπως ο ίδιος είχε παραδεχθεί, άλλωστε, αν και εξακολουθεί να είναι αντίθετος με τον Nord Stream 2, ανέλαβε την εξουσία σε μια στιγμή που τα έργα είχαν προχωρήσει κατά 90% και κατάλαβε γρήγορα πως δεν θα μπορούσε να τον σταματήσει, ενώ οι κυρώσεις θα έφεραν ανεπιθύμητα αποτελέσματα στις σχέσεις της χώρας του με τη Γερμανία.
https://www.tovima.gr/2021/07/21/financ ... -oukrania/
η προσοχη μας στο Καστελοριζο

Άβαταρ μέλους
Dwarven Blacksmith

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Dwarven Blacksmith » 21 Ιούλ 2021, 18:24

Μπράβο Τζο.
Περιμένουμε κι από τους Τραμπικούς που είναι υπερ της προσέγγισης με τη Ρωσία να επευφημήσουν.
🔻I would have lived in peace. But my enemies brought me war.🔻

Άβαταρ μέλους
Lugozzi

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Lugozzi » 23 Ιούλ 2021, 20:51

Εικόνα
“Don't let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart.”

Άβαταρ μέλους
Scouser

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Scouser » 23 Ιούλ 2021, 23:39

Απλά, κατανοητά και όμορφα από τον Πατ:
JFK — Accept Our Diverse World as It Is

Seven months after the Cuban missile crisis, President John F. Kennedy, at American University, laid out his view on how the East-West struggle should be conducted to avoid a catastrophic war that could destroy us both.

Kennedy’s message to Moscow and his fellow Americans:

“If (the United States and the Soviet Union) cannot end now our differences, at least we can make the world safe for diversity.”

As George Beebe writes in his essay, “It’s a Big World: The Importance of Diversity in American Foreign Policy,” in the July National Interest, Kennedy later elaborated:

“We must recognize that we cannot remake the world simply by our own command. … Every nation has its own traditions, its own values, its own aspirations. … We cannot remake them in our own image.”

To Kennedy, a student of history, acceptance of the reality of a world of diverse political systems, many of them unfree, was a precondition of peace on earth and avoidance of a new world war.

Kennedy was asking us to recognize that the world consists not only of democrats but also of autocrats, dictatorships, military regimes, monarchs and politburos, and the goal of U.S. foreign policy was not to convert them into political replicas of the USA.

Kennedy was willing to put our political model on offer to the world, but not to impose it on anyone: “We are unwilling to impose our system on any unwilling people — but we are willing and able to engage in peaceful competition with any people on earth.”

The higher goal: “Preserving and protecting a world of diversity in which no one power or no one combination of powers can threaten the security of the United States.”

For JFK, national interests transcended democratist ideology.

He knew that throughout our history, we Americans had partnered with dictators, monarchs and autocrats when our interests required it.

The 1778 alliance we forged with the French King Louis XVI was indispensable to the victory at Yorktown that ensured our independence.

Woodrow Wilson took us into World War I as an “associate power” of four great empires — the British, French, Russian and Japanese.

In World War II, we allied with Stalin’s Russia against Hitler’s Reich.

The South Korea we saved at a cost of 37,000 dead from 1950 to 1953 was ruled by the autocratic and dictatorial Syngman Rhee.

The thrust of Beebe’s article is that President Joe Biden, in defining the new post-Cold War era as featuring a new-world ideological struggle, between authoritarian and democracy, is misreading the conflict.

Said Biden, in his major foreign policy address during the campaign: “The triumph of democracy and liberalism over fascism and autocracy created the free world. But this contest does not just define our past. It will define our future.”

Biden’s Interim National Strategic Security Guidance fully embraces the same thesis of a new world ideological struggle:

“Authoritarianism is on the global march. … We must join with likeminded allies and partners to revitalize democracy the world over.”

Yet, neither of our great adversaries is preaching a global crusade to remake the world in its image.

Communist China does business with Japanese and American capitalists, with South and North Korea, with Arab monarchs and Israelis, with Europeans and Iranians, Africans, Latin Americans and Central Asians, without attempting to impose its system beyond its borders.

Consider Russia. President Vladimir Putin, it is said, is an autocrat.

But Putin’s interest in bringing home ethnic Russian kinfolk left behind when the USSR broke apart is a normal and natural expression of his people’s and his country’s national interest.

So, too, is Moscow’s effort at re-knitting relations with Ukraine and Belarus, the two nations with whom Russia’s ties are the oldest, closest and deepest, culturally and ethnically.

What Russia, a Black Sea power since the 18th century, is doing in Yalta and the Donbas is understandable from the standpoint of history, ethnicity and national interests.

The question is: What are we doing there?

When did Ukraine, Belarus and Georgia become our concerns?

Russia’s alarm at having the world’s largest military alliance, NATO, led by its former Cold War adversary, squatting on its front porch from the Arctic Ocean to the Baltic and Black Sea, is as understandable as is Putin’s impulse to push that alliance some distance away.

That is what any Russian nationalist ruler would do.

But when did relations between Belarus, Ukraine and Russia become the concern of the USA, 5,000 miles away?

Is Putin an autocrat? But so what?

When has Russia not been ruled by an autocrat?

From Peter the Great to Catherine the Great to Alexander I, Nicholas I, Alexander II, Alexander III and Nicholas II in 1917, Romanov czars ruled Russia. After 1917 came Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khrushchev, Leonid Brezhnev, Mikhail Gorbachev, Boris Yeltsin and Vladimir Putin.

During his speech at American University, Kennedy mentioned a crucial fact about the long history between Russia and America:

“Almost unique among the major world powers, we have never been at war with each other.”

Maintaining that 230-year tradition should be at the apex of our concerns, not how Vladimir Putin rules what is, after all, his country.
https://www.swoknews.com/opinion/column ... b7dc3.html
''That's not what your fucking job is. You are bullshiting people, you are acting as a propagandist. It's not 'mostly peaceful' when a car is on fire''. Joe Rogan

Άβαταρ μέλους
Philip Mortimer

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Philip Mortimer » 24 Ιούλ 2021, 00:27

Bob Dole says he's still 'a Trumper' but 'sort of Trumped out'

Washington(CNN)Bob Dole, the longtime US senator from Kansas and 1996 Republican presidential nominee, said that while he is still "a Trumper," he is "sort of Trumped out," in an interview published Thursday by USA Today.

Dole also said he believes former President Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election and noted that there is no evidence of election fraud, contrary to Trump's repeated claims.

"He lost the election, and I regret that he did, but they did," Dole told USA Today's Susan Page. "He had Rudy Giuliani running all over the country, claiming fraud. He never had one bit of fraud in all those lawsuits he filed and statements he made."

Dole is among the most prominent members of the Republican establishment who has stood by Trump. He endorsed Trump for President in 2016 and hasn't engaged in the public criticism levied by other living past GOP presidential nominees George W. Bush and Mitt Romney. Dole has also plainly recognized Joe Biden's legitimacy as President.

Dole, who turned 98 on Thursday, was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer earlier this year. Following the announcement of his diagnosis, Biden visited his "close friend" with whom he served in the Senate for years.

In the USA Today interview, Dole called Biden a "great, kind, upstanding, decent person" but said he was still dubious when it comes to his former colleague's politics and questioned Biden's decision to close the Keystone Pipeline.

"I asked him, I said, 'Why did you close that pipeline in (South) Dakota?'" Dole said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Άβαταρ μέλους
Scouser

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Scouser » 24 Ιούλ 2021, 01:17

Φρέσκια ανάρτηση στο facebook:
Under my Build Back Better Agenda, middle class families will pay no more than 7 percent of their income for high-quality child care for children up to age five. And the most hard-pressed working families won’t have to pay a dime.
Όχι πάνω από 7% του εισοδήματός τους θα πληρώσουν οι ταλαίπωροι μεσοταξίτες μωρέ για state sponsored παιδικούς σταθμούς, κλαϊν (το γλέντι που γίνεται στα σχόλια από απογοητευμένους ψηφοφόρους των Δημοκρατικών είναι όλα τα λεφτά). :lol: Ε ρε γλέντια που αναμένονται στις midterms. :g030:
''That's not what your fucking job is. You are bullshiting people, you are acting as a propagandist. It's not 'mostly peaceful' when a car is on fire''. Joe Rogan

Άβαταρ μέλους
Orion22

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Orion22 » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 16:26

Dolce et decorum est contra pasok.* pugnatre
@gov.gr : «You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour, and you will have war.»

Άβαταρ μέλους
Scouser

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Scouser » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:11

‘We’re f---ed’: Dems fear turnout catastrophe from GOP voting laws

There’s growing concern — bordering on alarm — about the potential impact in 2022 of the raft of new voting restrictions.

ATLANTA — After Georgia Republicans passed a restrictive voting law in March, Democrats here began doing the math.

The state’s new voter I.D. requirement for mail-in ballots could affect the more than 270,000 Georgians lacking identification. The provision cutting the number of ballot drop boxes could affect hundreds of thousands of voters who cast absentee ballots that way in 2020 — and that’s just in the populous Atlanta suburbs alone.

It didn’t take long before the implications became clear to party officials and voting rights activists. In a state that Joe Biden carried by fewer than 12,000 votes last year, the new law stood to wipe out many of the party’s hard-fought gains — and put them at a decisive disadvantage.

Democrats in other states where similarly restrictive voting laws have passed are coming to the same conclusion. Interviews with more than three dozen Democratic elected officials, party operatives and voting rights activists across the country reveal growing concern — bordering on alarm — about the potential impact in 2022 of the raft of new laws passed by Republican legislatures, particularly in some of the nation’s most competitive battleground states.

“I’m super worried,” said Max Wood, founder and CEO of Deck, a progressive data analytics company that analyzes voting behavior. “I try to be optimistic, and I do think there are times when this kind of stuff can galvanize enthusiasm and turnout. … But I don’t know that that will be enough, especially with how extreme some of these laws are.”

Democratic efforts to model midterm turnout under the new laws remain in their infancy. But even without a sophisticated understanding of the practical effect, there is widespread fear that the party isn’t doing enough to counter these efforts, or preparing for an election conducted under, in some instances, a dramatically different set of rules governing voter access.

“If there isn’t a way for us to repeat what happened in November 2020, we’re f---ed,” said Nsé Ufot, CEO of the Stacey Abrams-founded New Georgia Project. “We are doing what we do to make sure that not only our constituents, our base, the people, the communities that we organize with, get it. We’re trying to make sure that our elected officials get it as well.”

Since Jan. 1, at least 18 states have passed laws that restrict access to the ballot, according to the Brennan Center’s voting laws tracker, ranging from voter I.D. requirements to provisions making early and absentee voting more difficult.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/07/2 ... sis-500726
Κλαίγονται τα ρετάλια των Δημοκρατικών και έχουν χεστεί πάνω τους γιατί οι νέοι extreme νόμοι ουσιαστικά απαγορεύουν (άκουσον άκουσον) την ψήφο σε όσους δεν έχουν ταυτότητα. :smt005:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Dwarven Blacksmith

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Dwarven Blacksmith » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:18

Scouser έγραψε:
27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:11

There’s growing concern — bordering on alarm — about the potential impact in 2022 of the raft of new voting restrictions.

ATLANTA — After Georgia Republicans passed a restrictive voting law in March, Democrats here began doing the math.

The state’s new voter I.D. requirement for mail-in ballots could affect the more than 270,000 Georgians lacking identification. The provision cutting the number of ballot drop boxes could affect hundreds of thousands of voters who cast absentee ballots that way in 2020 — and that’s just in the populous Atlanta suburbs alone.

It didn’t take long before the implications became clear to party officials and voting rights activists. In a state that Joe Biden carried by fewer than 12,000 votes last year, the new law stood to wipe out many of the party’s hard-fought gains — and put them at a decisive disadvantage.

Democrats in other states where similarly restrictive voting laws have passed are coming to the same conclusion. Interviews with more than three dozen Democratic elected officials, party operatives and voting rights activists across the country reveal growing concern — bordering on alarm — about the potential impact in 2022 of the raft of new laws passed by Republican legislatures, particularly in some of the nation’s most competitive battleground states.

“I’m super worried,” said Max Wood, founder and CEO of Deck, a progressive data analytics company that analyzes voting behavior. “I try to be optimistic, and I do think there are times when this kind of stuff can galvanize enthusiasm and turnout. … But I don’t know that that will be enough, especially with how extreme some of these laws are.”

Democratic efforts to model midterm turnout under the new laws remain in their infancy. But even without a sophisticated understanding of the practical effect, there is widespread fear that the party isn’t doing enough to counter these efforts, or preparing for an election conducted under, in some instances, a dramatically different set of rules governing voter access.

“If there isn’t a way for us to repeat what happened in November 2020, we’re f---ed,” said Nsé Ufot, CEO of the Stacey Abrams-founded New Georgia Project. “We are doing what we do to make sure that not only our constituents, our base, the people, the communities that we organize with, get it. We’re trying to make sure that our elected officials get it as well.”

Since Jan. 1, at least 18 states have passed laws that restrict access to the ballot, according to the Brennan Center’s voting laws tracker, ranging from voter I.D. requirements to provisions making early and absentee voting more difficult.
Κλαίγονται τα ρετάλια των Δημοκρατικών και έχουν χεστεί πάνω τους γιατί οι νέοι extreme νόμοι ουσιαστικά απαγορεύουν (άκουσον άκουσον) την ψήφο σε όσους δεν έχουν ταυτότητα. :smt005:
Φυσικά το σύστημα όπου δεν έχουν όλοι ταυτότητα είναι δημιουργημένο ακριβώς με αυτό το σκοπό, να αποκλείσει τα κατώτερα στρώματα. Καμία σχέση με ηπειρωτική Ευρώπη.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Scouser

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Scouser » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:22

Dwarven Blacksmith έγραψε:
27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:18
Scouser έγραψε:

Φυσικά το σύστημα όπου δεν έχουν όλοι ταυτότητα είναι δημιουργημένο ακριβώς με αυτό το σκοπό, να αποκλείσει τα κατώτερα στρώματα. Καμία σχέση με ηπειρωτική Ευρώπη.
Τους απαγορεύουν να πάνε να βγάλουν ταυτότητα. :a040:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Dwarven Blacksmith

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Dwarven Blacksmith » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:23

Scouser έγραψε:
27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:22
Scouser έγραψε:

Καλή τρίπλα, μου αρέσει η έμμεση παραδοχή ότι είναι ακριβώς, ΑΚΡΙΒΩΣ όπως τα λέω. :D

Άβαταρ μέλους
Highlander

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Highlander » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:27

Θα κάνουν τίποτα οι βλάκες οι δημοκρατικοί ή θα αφήσουν τα τρομποειδη να ανανεώνουν το απαρτχάιντ;

Η μόνη που το παλεύει είναι αυτή η Stacey Abrams.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος Highlander την 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:28, έχει επεξεργασθεί 1 φορά συνολικά.

Άβαταρ μέλους
Scouser

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Scouser » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:27

27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:23
Scouser έγραψε:

Καλή τρίπλα, μου αρέσει η έμμεση παραδοχή ότι είναι ακριβώς, ΑΚΡΙΒΩΣ όπως τα λέω. :D
Θυμάμαι κάποτε στο παλιό φόρουμ ήταν από τα ελάχιστα πράγματα στο οποίο παραδεχόσουν πως οι Ρεπς είχαν δίκιο. Προφανώς όμως τώρα αυτό που προέχει είναι να μην ξαναγίνει κανένα ''ατύχημα'' όπως του 2016, οπότε ας ψηφίζει 5-6 φορές ο κάθε κατσίβελος χωρίς να χρειάζεται να επιδείξει ούτε ένα κωλόχαρτο για identification. H πάλη κατά του φασισμού θέλει θυσίες, έστω και να ανεχτείς εκλογικές διαδικασίες πιο φαιδρές και από της Ελλάδας τη δεκαετία του '50. :smt005:

Άβαταρ μέλους
Dwarven Blacksmith

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από Dwarven Blacksmith » 27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:41

Scouser έγραψε:
27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:27
27 Ιούλ 2021, 19:23
Scouser έγραψε:

Θυμάμαι κάποτε στο παλιό φόρουμ ήταν από τα ελάχιστα πράγματα στο οποίο παραδεχόσουν πως οι Ρεπς είχαν δίκιο. Προφανώς όμως τώρα αυτό που προέχει είναι να μην ξαναγίνει κανένα ''ατύχημα'' όπως του 2016, οπότε ας ψηφίζει 5-6 φορές ο κάθε κατσίβελος χωρίς να χρειάζεται να επιδείξει ούτε ένα κωλόχαρτο για identification. H πάλη κατά του φασισμού θέλει θυσίες, έστω και να ανεχτείς εκλογικές διαδικασίες πιο φαιδρές και από της Ελλάδας τη δεκαετία του '50. :smt005:
Συμφωνώ με υποχρεωτικές ταυτότητες και απαίτηση ταυτότητας. Αλλά εσύ δεν συμφωνείς, θες απαίτηση ταυτότητας χωρίς προϋποθέσεις. Ποιος θέλει λοιπόν αποκλεισμένους όσους θεωρεί "κατσίβελους";

Δεν με νοιάζουν πια τόσο οι ΗΠΑ πάντως γενικότερα. Αφού πείστηκα ότι σταμάτησε το spillover effect στην ΕΕ, ας τον ξαναβγάλουν.

Απάντηση

• Παραπλήσια Θέματα
    Απαντήσεις
    Προβολές
    Τελευταία δημοσίευση

Επιστροφή στο “Διεθνής πολιτική”

Phorum.com.gr : Αποποίηση Ευθυνών