Ρώσος διπλωμώτης: Ποτέ πριν δεν είχα ντραπεί τόσο για τη χώρα μου

Πολιτικά θέματα εκτός Ελλάδας
talaipwros

Ρώσος διπλωμώτης: Ποτέ πριν δεν είχα ντραπεί τόσο για τη χώρα μου

Μη αναγνωσμένη δημοσίευση από talaipwros » 23 Μάιος 2022, 19:44

‘Warmongering, lies and hatred’: Russian diplomat in Geneva resigns over Ukraine invasion

Boris Bondarev issues public statement saying: ‘Never have I been so ashamed of my country’

A veteran Russian diplomat in Geneva has resigned over his country’s invasion of Ukraine in a rare political protest from within the Russian foreign policy establishment.

Boris Bondarev, a counsellor at the Russian permanent mission to the United Nations in Geneva, wrote in a public statement: “Never have I been so ashamed of my country.”

“Today the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not about diplomacy,” wrote the diplomat, a 20-year veteran of the Russian foreign ministry. “It is all about warmongering, lies and hatred. It serves interests of few, the very few people thus contributing to further isolation and degradation of my country. Russia no longer has allies, and there is no one to blame but its reckless and ill-conceived policy.”

Bondarev is the highest-level diplomat yet to resign publicly from the Russian foreign ministry over the war, which began in February. In a telephone interview with the Guardian, Bondarev confirmed that he had written the statement and submitted his letter of resignation on Monday.

“The decision was very simple,” said Bondarev. “When you see that your country is doing the worst things and being a civil servant you’re somehow related to that, it’s your decision just to terminate your connection with the government. We all must be responsible. And I don’t want to have any responsibility for what I don’t approve of.”

Bondarev published the statement on his Facebook and LinkedIn accounts and also sent copies to diplomats and media outlets. He said he had walked into work on Monday, submitted his resignation, and walked out.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... e-invasion

Απάντηση

• Παραπλήσια Θέματα
    Απαντήσεις
    Προβολές
    Τελευταία δημοσίευση

Επιστροφή στο “Διεθνής πολιτική”

Phorum.com.gr : Αποποίηση Ευθυνών